Hey Al and Emily, downtown Boulder having a beer and thinking about Bob. I bet you are too. Hope you are well. Jeff and Mary
 
From Al:
Yes, there were many thoughts and memories of Bob yesterday.
 
I told our Boulder, Colorado friends Dave and Dawn about Bob's passing: how he managed to climb into his big chair in the Missoula trailer and get his legs up by kicking back into that rclliner. Shortly after that effort life left him, but his body remained in that angle of repose while those left behind performed a ceremony, signed documents, answered the questions of the sheriff/coroner and began the momentous and mundane tasks of tidying up Bob's life.
 
Because by then it was late the decision was made to remove Bob's body in the morning. I slept in the Airstream "guest" trailer, which had no toilet, so when I woke in the middle of the night I went out in the yard. My conscious mind hadn't accepted Bob's death, and so certainly my semi-conscious mind wasn't prepared for what I saw. There was one light left on in Bob's trailer, and it back lit Bob, lighting his silhouette in that big easy chair, his legs kicked up, the image centered in the trailer's livingroom window. For me that was Bob's finale.
 
In my mind Bob Bauer's final resting place remains that Lay Z Boy recliner in an old trailer shaded by trees by a stream.