Saturday, August 20, 2011

And more....synchronicity.

After the previous posting I found "Rainbow Connection" on youtube, and the song featured Kermit the Frog playing a 4 string banjo, one like the banjo Bob willed me.

Emily thinks the song makes perfect sense, but I'm still pursuing the connection.

So I look at another youtube, the Carpenters version. It opens up with Richard Carpenter playing the song on a Schoenhut toy piano just like one Bob owned and gave to us when he visited us in Nashville. The Carpenters' version of the song wasn't released until after Karen's death, and the video on youtube has some macabre images of Karen, almost like she's singing from beyond the grave.

If you think I'm getting carried away with these synchronistic details, I should explain that there was a series of these  beginning with his visit to Nashville the month before he passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment